Installation and program starting of MyWAY SQL Manager GUI for MySQL and MariaDB
||The MyWAY SQL Manager can be downloaded here for free: |
- When you download, you will receive a file called 'myway.php' in the size of 22MB.
- If you downloaded the file as a GZip, it must first be unzipped.
- Then copy the PHP file to a directory you create on a web host.
- The directory must be accessible with a web browser (e.g.: http://domain.de/myway/).
- The host can of course also be located on a local computer (e.g.: http://localhost/myway/).
If the host is an XAMPP on your own computer, the program directory can be created under 'htdocs'.
- The installation takes place by calling up the installation file. e.g. http://domain.de/myway/myway.php or http://localhost/myway/myway.php.
All necessary directories and files are then created from the installation file.
The program then occupies about 34MB of memory on the hard disk.
- If you downloaded the program as a ZIP archive, unpack it in your directory and then call it up either with the directory-name (e.g.: http://localhost/myway/) or directory-name/index.php (e.g.: http://localhost/myway/index.php).
- After the copying process or the first start of the program, the installation window appears:
- Choose a language for the program to start with.
- Create a password for the program's admin account.
- Decide whether to use a .htaccess protection should be installed. This should definitely be done when installing on a public server. The .htaccess protection can also be installed later in the program's system settings and extended for other users.
- Decide which program options you want to start with.
- The installation can be completed by accepting the terms and conditions.
- If you have installed .htaccess, the first thing that happens after the installation is complete the security system expects the .htaccess password.
Then the program login appears.
- After successfully logging in with the admin password, the program appears with an input mask to register the first server in the program:
- Caution: For the program to function, the config and files directories must remain writable for the program.
For program updates, all directories must be writable.
|All settings during installation can be changed later in the program.|
The admin account is mandatory for the program and cannot be deleted.